Richard Dew speaking at ‘Dealing with Secret and Half Secret Trusts’
22nd Apr 2021
Richard Dew will be a speaker at Simon Gore’s Webinar ‘Dealing with Secret and Half Secret Trusts’ on 23rd June from 12.30 – 2pm.
This webinar will consider the recent decision in Titcombe v Ison from the perspective of two of the practitioners in the case. Issues in the case included whether and when promises were sufficient to give rise to a fully secret trust and what sort of obligation is sufficiently certain to form the basis of a secret trust:
– The principles of secret and half secret trusts
– What has to be proven to establish a fully secret trust?
– What kind of promises are enough?
– Is the obligation certain enough to give rise to a secret trust?
– What sort of evidence is needed to win these cases?
Richard Dew Call 1999