Adam Stewart-Wallace’s practice spans a number of Chambers’ key practice areas. He is experienced in gaining successful outcomes for clients in contentious matters, both in court and by way of settlement. He appears regularly in the high court and county court.
Adam is happy working independently or as a led junior. He regularly guides clients from the first advice to the conclusion of the case and is a reassuring presence throughout.
Before coming to the Bar, Adam lectured for the Philosophy Faculty at the University of Cambridge and Heythrop College, University of London.
For the 2022/2023 season, he will also be the manager of the Trumpington FC under 8s Dragons football team.
Partnerships & LLPs
Adam has advised and acted in numerous cases where the existence and nature of a general partnership has been in dispute, with the key issue being the identification of the rights and obligations of partners inter se.
He has been led on a document-heavy arbitration that required extensive forensic analysis of documents regarding a complex web of LLPs and partnership relations arising out of dealings between parties that dated back several decades.
In the course of the above, Adam has advised on and acted in regard to partners’ obligations of disclosure inter se and the remedies for breach of those obligations; misrepresentation within a partnership context; unilateral mistake within a partnership context.
He has also advised and acted in cases dealing with quasi-partnerships and company matters, including claims for breach of director’s duties and petitions for unfair prejudice.
He has recorded a short podcast on Procter v Procter  EWCA Civ 167.
- BPTC, City University (2018)
- Exhibition Scholar, Inner Temple (2018)
- GDL, BPP (2016)
- PhD in Philosophy, University of Cambridge (2010)
- AHRC Doctoral Award (2007)
- MPhil in Philosophy, University of Cambridge (2006)
- BA (Hons) in Philosophy, University of Cambridge (2001)
- Churchill Scholar, Churchill College, University of Cambridge (2000-2001)
Associations & Memberships
- Member of the Chancery Bar Association
- Member of Association of Partnership Practitioners
- Member of Court of Protection Bar Association
- Inferred intentions and want of knowledge and approval
- LexisNexis Case Analysis Private Client Expert Panel
Adam Stewart-Wallace is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is regulated by the Bar Standards Board [Bar Council Ref 70689]. He is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/121] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. He is registered for UK VAT under the reference 336466387