Evan Price’s extensive cross-practice knowledge has him uniquely placed to advise on matters which require a strong command of all aspects of Chancery law. He is regularly instructed to resolve matters involving broad and knotty issues that require urgent assistance.
Evan’s practice and expertise includes, litigation involving trusts and estates, property and insolvency law. He has recent and current experience of dealing with matters relating to companies and shareholders (including unfair prejudice), partnership, taxation (including SDLT) and professional negligence. He also advises families in relation to non-contentious probate matters and capital taxes.
Evan is often instructed in relation to knotty problems about property. He has recent experience of cases concerning equitable interests in property, boundary disputes, restrictive covenants, and adverse possession as well as landlord and tenant matters, both residential and business tenancies.
- Sutherland House (LON/00AG/LVL/2016/0003, 10 October 2016), First Tier Tribunal Property Chamber (Residential Property): Application to vary multiple leases and application to determine reasonableness and liability to pay service charges in relation to a number of flats within the block, application to adjourn in exceptional circumstances.
- Westvilla Properties Ltd v Dow Properties Ltd  EWHC 30 (Ch): Contracts, landlord and tenant, real property, certainty, contract terms, leases, mistake, parol evidence, sale of property, specific performance, void contracts, absence of plans and service charge percentage in draft lease, correction of errors by court, s.2, Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989.
- Johnson v Luxcool Ltd & Others  EWHC 1591 (QB),  All ER (D) 185: Landlord and tenant, lease, validity, claimant contending creation of lease for two properties in question, whether creation of lease.
- Pinto v Lim & Anr  All ER (D) 247, The Times (8th June 2005): Real property, joint tenancy, severance, first defendant transferring property into her sole name and subsequently transferring property to second defendant, claimant claiming beneficial interest in property, claimant claiming rectification of register of title, Land Registration Act 1925, s.82(1), Land Registration Act 2002, Sch 8, 1(1)(b), balance between innocent claimant and innocent registered proprietor, exercise of discretion.
- Clements & Ors v Goodacre  All ER (D) 120: Boundaries, delimitation of boundary, ownership of land, judge finding that claimants have ownership of disputed land, correctness of that decision.
“Instructed for residential and business tenancies and equitable interests.”
Legal 500 2018 - Property Litigation
“Very knowledgeable on landlord and tenant matters.”
Legal 500 2016
The Legal 500 directory for 2015 reports that Evan is a “reliable practitioner who is very experienced and does his work very thoroughly”. The 2014 edition says that he “provides forthright and commercial opinions, and is unflappable and clear in meetings”. Previous editions have said that he has “has an excellent grasp of property litigation and quickly gets to the heart of the problem.”
Legal 500 2015
Associations & Memberships
- Chancery Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
Evan Price is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales. He is regulated by The Bar Standards Board [Bar Ref 37133] and is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/051] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. He is registered for VAT under the reference 726803627.