Gregory Hill has now retired. Please email our clerks if you need to contact him.
- Irwin v Wilson  EWHC 326 (Ch),  2 P&CR 8: Vendor and purchaser of land; waiver of contractual condition.
- Webber v Halifax BS  1 EGLR 58: Rent review.
- Hardwick Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
- Kennedy Scholar, Lincoln’s Inn
- BCL (First Class), Exeter College, Oxford
- Jurisprudence (First Class), Exeter College, Oxford
- Conveyancing Counsel of the Court
Associations & Memberships
- Chancery Bar Association
Gregory Hill has contributed to Butterworths Encyclopædia of Banking Law since 1982, editing the sections on mortgage and debenture securities; he is co-author of Butterworths New Law Guide to The Land Registration Act 2002; and he has contributed material on mortgages and debentures to Banking Law Guide, LexisNexis Butterworths, 2006.
Notable articles include:
- Successive interests and deficient fixed-interest securities: the rules in Re Atkinson and Re Bird, (2012) 10 TQR, October p 29.
- Negative pledge with provision for ‘automatic security’ on breach: a form of floating charge? (2008) 23 JIBFL 528.
- Agricultural charges and foot-and-mouth compensation, (2001) 151 NLJ 484.
- Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989, section 2, (1990) 106 LQR 396-402, a note on the application of section 2 to agreements for secured lending and equitable securities.