Naomi Winston’s busy practice covers litigation, drafting and advisory work with a focus on partnership, Court of Protection and probate matters.
Court of Protection
Naomi is regularly instructed by the Official Solicitor as well as by solicitors in private practice on Court of Protection property and affairs matters. She has a niche practice advising in relation to estates which contain business interests, particularly partnerships.
- Acting for the OS in an application to set up a limited farming partnership structure in circumstances where the attorney applicants were in a position of conflict.
- Acting for the OS in a statutory will application, including a request by the applicants to exclude a party affected by the application.
- Advising a professional deputy subject to a removal application in circumstances where the proposal was the replacement of the deputy with a trustee and where the jurisdiction of the COP was questionable because of the potential future capacity of a minor P.
- Acting for the OS in an application to approve the conversion of director’s loans to shares.
- Disputing appointment of deputy in circumstances where deputy was involved in production of potentially invalid will for P.
- Acting for the OS in an application concerning a gift of a beneficial interest in property by an incapacitated minor P and the making of gratuitous care payments.
“Extremely bright with a deep and detailed knowledge of all things partnership and LLP, she brings huge enthusiasm and energy to all her cases.” “Has displayed a very clear picture of her expertise in this area and is extremely client-friendly.”
Chambers UK 2019 - Partnership
“She has a commercial approach and provides great strategic advice.”
Legal 500 2018 - Partnership
‘A highly active and very well-regarded barrister with an established reputation as a junior counsel in key partnership cases, who continues to attract attention and admiration as a leading advocate and adviser in her own right’.
“Incredibly learned, very quick on the uptake and someone who gets up to speed in an incredibly short space of time.” “Very bright and knowledgeable.”
Chambers UK 2018 Partnership
“Extremely bright, with a deep and detailed knowledge of all things partnership and LLP, she brings huge enthusiasm and energy to all her cases.” “Has an enthusiastic manner, is client-friendly and is clearly talented.”
Chambers UK 2017 - Partnership
She “has been attracting increasing acknowledgement from sources as a major figure on the partnership scene, having already made a name for herself supporting senior counsel in high-profile cases. Active in both contentious and advisory roles and an experienced drafter, she is also noted for the excellent relationships she establishes with clients and instructing solicitors.”
Chambers UK 2016 - Partnership
She “provides clear advice and is good with clients”, “she has impressive fingertip command of points of law and authorities”, “she is thorough and hardworking, and has a phenomenal brain. She keeps drilling down and drilling down until she gets the answer that she is looking for” and she is “…noted for her strong cross-examination skills.”
Chambers UK 2015 - Partnership
“Very easy to work with and a pleasure to instruct.”
Legal 500 2016
“She has enormous capability to turn work around quickly and is very capable in her field.”
The Legal 500 2015
- LLB (First), Leicester University
Associations & Memberships
- Association of Partnership Practitioners
- Chancery Bar Association
Naomi Winston is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales. She is regulated by The Bar Standards Board [Bar Ref 50785] and is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/061] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. She is registered for VAT under the reference 938328691.