Naomi Winston’s busy practice covers litigation, drafting and advisory work across the full range of commercial chancery and chancery matters, but with particular focus on partnership, probate and trust matters and property.
Private Client: Contentious
Naomi is frequently instructed in contentious probate and family provision claims and regularly deals with disputes about administration of wills and trusts and wills (including removal of trustees and personal representatives and breaches of duties). She also deals with associated professional negligence issues. Naomi has particular expertise in dealing with those estates or trusts which contain an interest in a partnership or assets used by a partnership.
- TWM Trust Corporation Ltd v Attorney General  All ER (D) 139 (May): Acting for an unincorporated association claiming that it could take a gift in a will to an association with an altered name as the new association carried on the same purposes.
- Acting for a minor’s litigation friend in a 1975 Act claim with complicated residence issues.
- Acting for the beneficiaries under a will to recover the assets of a substantial estate taken by the administrator.
- Acting for a beneficiary of a discretionary trust seeking provision of trust information.
- Acting for the administrator of an insolvent estate dealing with multiple-party litigation against the estate for breaches of trust.
- Acting for the executor / beneficiary of a will, dealing with claims of lack of capacity and undue influence in circumstances where serious allegations of childhood abuse had been made.
- Acting for the trustee of a will trust to remove the co-trustee, obtain an order for sale and defend a proprietary estoppel claim by the co-trustee / beneficiary.
“Extremely bright with a deep and detailed knowledge of all things partnership and LLP, she brings huge enthusiasm and energy to all her cases.” “Has displayed a very clear picture of her expertise in this area and is extremely client-friendly.”
Chambers UK 2019 - Partnership
“She has a commercial approach and provides great strategic advice.”
Legal 500 2018 - Partnership
‘A highly active and very well-regarded barrister with an established reputation as a junior counsel in key partnership cases, who continues to attract attention and admiration as a leading advocate and adviser in her own right’.
“Incredibly learned, very quick on the uptake and someone who gets up to speed in an incredibly short space of time.” “Very bright and knowledgeable.”
Chambers UK 2018 Partnership
“Extremely bright, with a deep and detailed knowledge of all things partnership and LLP, she brings huge enthusiasm and energy to all her cases.” “Has an enthusiastic manner, is client-friendly and is clearly talented.”
Chambers UK 2017 - Partnership
She “has been attracting increasing acknowledgement from sources as a major figure on the partnership scene, having already made a name for herself supporting senior counsel in high-profile cases. Active in both contentious and advisory roles and an experienced drafter, she is also noted for the excellent relationships she establishes with clients and instructing solicitors.”
Chambers UK 2016 - Partnership
She “provides clear advice and is good with clients”, “she has impressive fingertip command of points of law and authorities”, “she is thorough and hardworking, and has a phenomenal brain. She keeps drilling down and drilling down until she gets the answer that she is looking for” and she is “…noted for her strong cross-examination skills.”
Chambers UK 2015 - Partnership
“Very easy to work with and a pleasure to instruct.”
Legal 500 2016
“She has enormous capability to turn work around quickly and is very capable in her field.”
The Legal 500 2015
- LLB (First), Leicester University
Associations & Memberships
- Association of Partnership Practitioners
- Chancery Bar Association
Naomi Winston is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales. She is regulated by The Bar Standards Board [Bar Ref 50785] and is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/061] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. She is registered for VAT under the reference 938328691.