Tom joined Ten Old Square as a tenant in October 2020, having successfully completed pupillage with Chambers, under the supervision of Georgia Bedworth, Jeremy Callman, Richard Dew and Naomi Winston. During his pupillage Tom acquired experience in all of Chambers’ areas of practice, including private client, commercial chancery, property and landlord and tenant, partnership and LLP, and court of protection.
Immediately prior to joining Ten Old Square, Tom spent a year in America studying for an LL.M at Harvard Law School. Whilst there, he appeared as an advocate before the Massachusetts courts, and won the Federico Giuseppe Mancini Prize for his dissertation.
- Harvard Law School, Harvard University, LL.M (2019)
- The University of Law, BPTC (Very Competent) (2018)
- The University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) (2017)
- University of Cambridge, (Trinity Hall) Philosophy BA (Double-First; Third in the year in 2013 and 2014) (2015)
- Federico Giuseppe Mancini Prize, Harvard Law School
- Senior Advocacy Scholarship and Best Written Skills Prize, BPTC, University of Law
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Bishop Bateman Scholarship, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge
- Kitty Crawley Prize for Philosophy, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge