Tom has a successful and varied practice spanning the entirety of Chambers’ specialist areas. He is both a highly skilled legal analyst, and a compelling advocate, who regularly appears in the High Court and the County Courts. He is meticulous but practical, and tactically astute, with a friendly and empathetic manner with clients.
Immediately prior to joining Ten Old Square, Tom spent a year in America studying for an LL.M at Harvard Law School. Whilst there, he appeared as an advocate before the Massachusetts courts, and won the Federico Giuseppe Mancini Prize for his dissertation.
Tom frequently acts in non-contentious private client matters in connection with both trusts and estates. He is often instructed to advise on and to draft a wide variety of legal instruments including Wills, Trust Deeds, Deeds of Appointment and Variation. He has often advised both beneficiaries and trustees concerning the construction of wills and trusts and the exercise of powers thereunder, and has acted in a range of non-contentious applications including applications for the rectification of wills. Tom is also experienced in advising in relation to the taxation of trusts and estates, and in drafting legal instruments to achieve tax efficient outcomes.
- Harvard Law School, Harvard University, LL.M (2019)
- The University of Law, BPTC (Very Competent) (2018)
- The University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) (2017)
- University of Cambridge, (Trinity Hall) Philosophy BA (Double-First; Third in the year in 2013 and 2014) (2015)
- Federico Giuseppe Mancini Prize, Harvard Law School
- Senior Advocacy Scholarship and Best Written Skills Prize, BPTC, University of Law
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Bishop Bateman Scholarship, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge
- Kitty Crawley Prize for Philosophy, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge
Thomas Arnull is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is regulated by the Bar Standards Board [Bar Council Ref 72245]. He is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/081] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. He is registered for VAT under the reference 355 5120 15.