We provide representation in some of the most prominent charity litigation in the UK and other common law jurisdictions.
This relates to both so-called ‘charity proceedings’ and to representing charities in other types of claims such as cy près schemes, legacy disputes, breach of trust claims and in statutory will and gift applications in the Court of Protection. Individual members have been described as “extremely knowledgeable” (Chambers 2017) and “absolutely first class” (Legal 500 2016).
Our members deliver high quality legal expertise combined with a down-to- earth and collaborative approach.
If you would like to discuss a specific case, arrange a meeting or receive further information about any of our members, areas of expertise or about the way we work in general, please contact our clerks who will be happy to provide further guidance.
Call +44 (0)20 7405 0758
"provides comprehensive and clear advice.
Barristers here deal with the full range of charities work and their expertise covers related chancery areas such as trusts, estates and professional negligence.
Examples of work undertaken by Ten Old Square in this area are:
• Charity Commission references such as AG v Charity Commission (The Poverty Reference)  WTLR. 977
• Charity governance questions
• Construction of charitable (or non-charitable) gifts in wills
• Probate claims and other legacy disputes involving charities
• Claims on behalf of charities for the due administration of estates
• Claims for and against charity trustees (eg for breach of trust)
• Cy près schemes
• Statutory will and statutory gift applications in the Court of Protection involving charities
Simon Taube QC is recognised as a ‘Leading Silk’ in this area.