Philip Jenkins is an established Chancery practitioner with a particularly strong reputation for his advisory, drafting and litigation work in the fields of wills, probate, the administration of trusts and estates, real property and related professional negligence claims.
“Authoritative, approachable and excellent with clients. An expert in all aspects of contested trusts and probate, Philip combines superb drafting skills with a natural and confident advocacy style. He is particularly effective in mediations given his ability to cut through to the heart of the issues.”
“Philip has a remarkable clarity of thought and always expresses himself in a way which clients of all kinds find straightforward and easy to understand.”
“We get a great deal of working with Philip as members of a team together. He is able to step in and then out in a way which gives our clients the greatest benefit. He can do that in substantial cases over a long period of time, picking up the reins again without a pause.”
Property advice and litigation accounts for a large part of Philip’s practice. He deals routinely with the following matters:
- Proprietary estoppel claims (Bradbury v Taylor  EWCA Civ. 1208).
- Co-ownership disputes and applications under TOLATA.
- Adverse possession and boundary disputes.
- Easements and freehold covenants.
- Residential, agricultural and business tenancies and claims for possession.
- Mortgages and accounts.
- Applications to the First Tier and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) relating to service charges, RTM, enfranchisement and alike.
Philip is recognised for Real Estate.
Who's Who Legal Bar 2017
- PhD (Jean Baudrillard: Deconstruction & Alterity), Bristol University (2001)
- École Normale Supérieure, Paris (2000)
- BA Hons (First Class), University of Leeds (1995)
Associations & Memberships
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Chancery Bar Association
- Sachs Prize, Middle Temple
- Harmsworth Major Scholarship, Middle Temple
- City University Scholarship, Middle Temple
Philip Jenkins is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales. He is registered with The Bar Standards Board [Bar Ref 45948] and is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/072] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. He is registered for VAT under the reference 844047531.