Adam Stewart-Wallace’s practice spans a number of Chambers’ key practice areas. He is experienced in gaining successful outcomes for clients in contentious matters, both in court and by way of settlement. He appears regularly in the high court and county court.
Adam is happy working independently or as a led junior. He regularly guides clients from the first advice to the conclusion of the case and is a reassuring presence throughout.
Before coming to the Bar, Adam lectured for the Philosophy Faculty at the University of Cambridge and Heythrop College, University of London.
For the 2022/2023 season, he will also be the manager of the Trumpington FC under 8s Dragons football team.
Adam has experience advising and acting with regard to both landlord and tenant and real property.
Landlord and Tenant
Adam has appeared in numerous possession hearings for both landlords and tenants in both residential and commercial cases. He has also sought associated injunctive relief in urgent interim applications.
He has also advised and acted in regard to claims for dilapidations, nuisance and relief from forfeiture.
A common feature of several more complex disputes in which Adam has acted and advised has been the existence (or not) of a tenancy or licence, and the nature and basis of such a right.
He has recorded a short podcast on Procter v Procter  EWCA Civ 167.
Adam has experience in TOLATA claims regarding determination of beneficial interests under express trusts, resulting trusts, constructive trusts and proprietary estoppel.
He also has experience regarding charging orders, orders for sale and occupation rent, including recoverability of mortgagee costs Brierley v Otuo & Ors  EWHC 644 (Ch).
- BPTC, City University (2018)
- Exhibition Scholar, Inner Temple (2018)
- GDL, BPP (2016)
- PhD in Philosophy, University of Cambridge (2010)
- AHRC Doctoral Award (2007)
- MPhil in Philosophy, University of Cambridge (2006)
- BA (Hons) in Philosophy, University of Cambridge (2001)
- Churchill Scholar, Churchill College, University of Cambridge (2000-2001)
Associations & Memberships
- Member of the Chancery Bar Association
- Member of Association of Partnership Practitioners
- Member of Court of Protection Bar Association
- Inferred intentions and want of knowledge and approval
- LexisNexis Case Analysis Private Client Expert Panel
Adam Stewart-Wallace is a self-employed, independent barrister whose practice is regulated by the Bar Standards Board [Bar Council Ref 70689]. He is fully insured with the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund [BMIF Ref 2360/121] to provide legal services, please refer to the BMIF website for full details of the world-wide cover provided. He is registered for UK VAT under the reference 336466387